A feature of the Dyer County Fair will be the selection of the Fairest of the Fair . The winner will represent the Dyer County Fair in the Tennessee Fairest of the Fair pageant with the first and second maids as alternates.
The pageant will be held at the First Citizens Amphitheater with the winner appearing at special events during the week of the fair.
- Each contestant must have reached her 16th birthday by the day of the pageant, but not her 21st birthday by December 31, 2022.
- A girl cannot qualify if has ever been married or has children.
- Costumes for the evening gown competition must be formal length.
- Contestants will not be permitted to wear corsages.
- Contestants will be judged on beauty (50%) and poise and personality (50%).
- Contestants must be a resident of Dyer County or attend a Dyer County school.
- Contestants will be charged a $25.00 entry fee.
- Online entry deadline is at 8:00 PM, September 4th, 2022.
- Entry forms not submitted online must be turned in at rehearsal on Monday, September 5th, 2022 at 10 AM. Please include $25 entry fee with entry form. Entry forms will be available during the month of August at First Citizens National Bank and on our website.
The "Fairest of the Fair" will receive a coronet and banner proclaiming her Miss Dyer County Fair, and a trip to Nashville for both her and her chaperone to attend the Tennessee Association of Fairs Convention. She will also receive a cash prize of $500.00