A feature of the Dyer County Fair will be the selection of the Fairest of the Fair . The winner will represent the Dyer County Fair in the Tennessee Fairest of the Fair pageant with the first and second maids as alternates.
- Each contestant must have reached her 16th birthday by the day of the pageant, but not her 21st birthday by December 31,2023
- Contestants must be a resident of Dyer County or attend a Dyer County School
- A girl can not qualify if she has ever been married, had a child, committed a felony, or if she has competed in a state contest
- Costumes for the evening gown competition must be formal length. No exposed midriff. Contestants will not be permitted to wear corsages or carry flowers during the contest
- Contestants will be judged on beauty (50 percent) and poise and personality (50 percent)
- The contestant must be currently and always has been of the female gender
- Winners of a division will NOT be eligible to compete again in the division in which they won
- Contestants must pay an entry fee of $30. Entry fee must accompany the entry form and is non refundable
- Online entry deadline is 8:00 pm Sunday, September 3rd
- In person entry deadline is at rehearsal on Monday, September 4th at 10:00 am. REHEARSAL IS REQUIRED. Please include the $30 entry fee with the entry form.
- Entry forms will be available during the month of August at First Citizens National Bank and on our website
The pageant will be held at the First Citizens Amphitheater with the winner appearing at special events during the week of the fair.
The “Fairest of the Fair” will receive a sash proclaiming her “Miss Dyer County Fair” as well as a crown, flowers, and a trip to Murfreesboro, for both her and her chaperone to attend and compete at the Tennessee Association of Fairs Convention. She will also receive a cash prize of $500.00.
*Winner must comply with all state rules, regarding state pageant*